Cruising to the Galapagos Islands should be at the top of the “places I have to go” list. The next question, then, is what is the best cruise line for the Galapagos Islands? Like so many other things in life, there is no one answer. No absolute. Questions such as these are difficult to answer because everyone has a different idea of what makes something the best. With that in mind, I’d suggest Celebrity as a great way to experience the Galapagos.
A Celebrity cruise is arguably the best cruise line for Galapagos Islands adventures. When you choose Celebrity Xpedition or Celebrity Flora to sail the Galapagos Islands, your incredible adventure include menus crafted by a Michelin-starred chef, unlimited beverages, Wi-Fi, room service and more. In ports, Galapagos Islands National Park certified naturalists will be your guide and you’ll even have the use of snorkeling gear and wetsuits.
Where local government regulations differ, we will comply with local requirements. We will continually evaluate and update these requirements and protocols as new information becomes available. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure. Please be aware of both homeport country travel requirements and Celebrity Cruises requirements as they may differ. We are continually updating this information. Guests will also be notified of the latest requirements leading up to departure via email.Celebrity Cruises
Part of being the best cruise line for the Galapagos, Celebrity, part of the Royal Caribbean Group who along with Norwegian Cruise Line, assembled the Healthy Sail Panel. Guests can be certain that they have taken every precaution to keep everyone — crew and guests — safe and ensure their health while on a cruise.
As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. The determination has been made that we can safely sail in the Galapagos this summer. However, out of an abundance of caution, we are cancelling the Peru/Machu Picchu portion of our vacation packages booked on Celebrity Flora® and Celebrity Xpedition® cruises departing August 1 – 29, 2021.Celebrity
Impacted guests will have three options:
- Option 1: Keep the cruise and be re-accommodated on the 10-Night Galapagos Package with their current Celebrity Flora or Celebrity Xpedition cruise.
- Guests who select this option will receive a refund for their reduced amount of vacation package days.
- Additionally, air travel for guests booked through Flights by Celebrity will be adjusted to their new travel dates at no additional charge.
- Option 2: Lift & Shift Galapagos vacation to a sailing in 2022
- Guests have from now through June 16 to reschedule their Galapagos cruise vacation in 2022 for a sailing within four weeks of their originally scheduled departure. Need help? call Joel at 844-483-6669.
- Celebrity will shift the reservation at the same daily rate including any promotion currently on the booking.
- Guests currently booked on Celebrity Xpedition may rebook on Celebrity Flora at prevailing rates.
- Option 3: 100% Refund
- To request a refund, submit the request by June 30, 2021.
- Refunds will be received at least 30 days after the request is submitted, cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.
- With the choice of cancellation, guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity would be refunded automatically. Guests with independent air arrangements would need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.