Update: December 8, 2020
Please click here to read a letter from Richard Marnell, Executive Vice President, which will be delivered to all Viking guests—embarking in February through March 2021 and select sailings further into April 2021—and their Travel Advisors. Affected departures include all river and ocean departures through March 31, 2021, and select sailings scheduled to depart in April on board Viking Star (Mediterranean), Viking Orion (Asia), Viking Jupiter (South America) and Viking Venus (Northern Europe).Viking Cruises
Guests on one of the affected voyages have two choices:
- Option #1 – A Future Cruise Voucher valued at 125% of all monies paid to Viking, which will be included with their communication.
- 100% of monies paid plus, 25% more value, allowing additional flexibility and choices for future travel.
- Redeemable on any Viking product, ocean, river, or expedition.
- Fully transferable, extra flexibility guests who decide to pass the voucher on to a loved one.
- 24 months to redeem, to ensure guests have ample time to select a new voyage when they are ready to return to Viking.
- Refund, if the 125% voucher expires, Viking will refund the original monies paid to the original form of payment.
- No risk. Enjoy additional value or refund if not used.
- Option #2 – If guests prefer to forgo the added-value voucher, they can request a refund equal to the amount paid by December 21, 2020.
Clients who book a cruise by December 31, 2020 are:
- Covered by the Risk-Free Guarantee program and can change their cruise date up until 24 hours before their planned departure, and Viking will waive any fees. This temporary exception to Viking’s standard booking terms is applicable to NEW reservations made by December 31, 2020. Other terms and conditions apply.
Viking Cruises Update: 8/12/20
Today’s (8/12/20) announcement by Viking extending the temporary suspension of operations (through 12/31/20) is another signal that against hope, cruising is not going to resume in 2020. Until a few weeks ago I remained cautiously optimistic about being on a cruise in 2020 but with each announcement and the realization that there aren’t enough specific plans in place — not to mention approved and implemented — to allow for the safe restart.
For guests effected by the suspension, refunds should be requested by August 24, 2020. Details can be found here or call your travel advisor. If you don’t have a travel advisor and would like unbiased information and assistance call me: 844-483-6669.
- Future Cruise Credit have been automatically applied and are:
- Are fully transferable, allowing guests to gift it to someone.
- Available for immediate use.
- Can be applied within the next 24 months to any river, ocean or expedition cruise.
On March 11, 2020, Viking was the first cruise line to temporarily suspend operations of our river and ocean cruises. Our commitment to our family of guests and employees is that their safety and wellbeing is always our top priority. In that spirit, we have made the decision to extend our temporary suspension of operations across all scheduled departures through December 31, 2020.Viking Cruises
Viking announcement July 8, 2020:
While restrictions related to COVID-19 are beginning to ease in some countries, travel remains complicated. Therefore, we have made the decision to extend our temporary suspension of operations through September 30, 2020.
The affected voyages are as follows:
- All ocean and river sailings embarking September 1 – 30, 2020
- All river cruisetours in Vietnam and Egypt through December 31, 2020
- Due to travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada, the October 2020 sailing of Eastern Seaboard Discoveries on Viking Star
- Two additional ocean sailings in Asia for Viking Orion – the October 14, 2020 departure of Bangkok, Bali & Beyond and the October 26, 2020 departure of Komodo & the Australian Coast
Related: Norwegian Cruise Line suspension
If your cruise is affected by the temporary suspension of operations contact your travel advisor. If you don’t have a travel advisor call me: 844-483-6669.