Serenade of the Seas is sailing to Alaska this Summer and getting onboard may be the best decision you’ll ever make. This isn’t exaggerated hype, Alaska cruises are going to be better than ever this Summer due to an archaic law being temporarily paused. Bottom line is if you sail to Alaska in 2021 you’ll get more Alaska for your money.
Covid has changed everything and until now there have been a lot of questions about what cruising will be like and who will be allowed to go. Read on to learn about the protocols and restrictions on Serenade of the Seas cruises to Alaska in July 2021.
Related: Find great deals on Alaska Cruises
The protocols communicated here apply only to guests departing this July onboard Serenade of the Seas. Royal Caribbean will continue to update these protocols as public health situations evolve. If you’re already booked, full details will be sent to guests prior to sailing.
Vaccine and Testing Requirements for Serenade of the Seas
- Vaccination: All guests 16 years and older are required to bring proof of vaccination, with the final dose of the vaccine completed at least 14 days before sailing.
- Testing: At the terminal: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 15 years are required to take a PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal. Registration details for this test will be sent via email in advance.
- Prior to disembarking: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 15 years are required to take an antigen test onboard within 24 hours of the end of voyage. Vaccinated guests who require an antigen or PCR test for entry into their destination country may receive one onboard at no charge.
Getting off Serenade of the Seas and going ashore
- Parties that wish to go ashore and include any unvaccinated guests, including parents traveling with unvaccinated children, must book a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean that is provided by an independent local tour operator that has agreed to comply with recommended health protocols. These shore excursions may be purchased in advance on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner site or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean app.
- Fully vaccinated parties have the choice of booking a shore excursion or safely visiting the port freely. All guests are also subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports we visit.
What to Expect aboard Serenade of the Seas
- Guests 16 years and older and all Royal Caribbean crew will be fully vaccinated. Royal is going to do everything possible to give all guests an amazing vacation, but there are some things you need to know to manage your expectations.
- When indoors, CDC guidelines require all guests 2 years and older to wear masks unless they are actively eating or drinking. The CDC makes allowances for guests to remove their masks in venues and events dedicated to fully vaccinated parties. Masks are not required in your stateroom when with one’s traveling party or outside on the open decks, unless in a crowded setting.
- The entire ship and boarding process will be set up to allow for physical distancing, which is encouraged whenever interacting with those outside of one’s traveling party.
Dining & Lounges aboard Serenade of the Seas
- Dining venues, including the Main Dining Room, will offer spaced seating with sections for everyone and other sections for vaccinated parties only. My Time dining is not available to guests traveling with unvaccinated children. If you prefer a buffet, Windjammer will be open, and the food will be served by crew members. Dining reservations are encouraged and can be made before the cruise via the Cruise Planner or onboard using the app.
- Some bars and lounges will be available only to vaccinated guests.
Other Venues on Serenade of the Seas
- Theaters and activity venues will offer spaced seating with options for everyone and for vaccinated guests only. Be sure to make show reservations once onboard using the Royal Caribbean app.
- Spa services, except those offered in treatment rooms, are available to everyone and the Fitness Center will be open to everyone at designated times.
- The Casino will be open to vaccinated guests only.
What to Bring: Travel Documentation Checklist
- Passport Books (not cards) are preferred, but not required. Birth certificates and driver’s licenses are accepted when passports are not available. Passports must have a validity of at least six months after the sailing’s return date.
- A COVID-19 vaccination record card for each vaccinated guest.
There is still time and availability to sail to Alaska in 2021! For free, unbiased assistance call Joel (844-468-6669).