Surprising to nobody (but frustrating to all who love cruising), Royal Caribbean and Celebrity extended their suspension due to the ongoing Covid pandemic. What I find most frustrating is how the cruise lines have been continuing to allow new reservations on cruises while knowing there was no chance of sailing.
Royal Caribbean Statement
We recently extended our global suspension through December 31st, 2020, excluding sailings onboard Quantum of the Seas, to ensure we have ample time to focus on our healthy return to service initiatives. However, in order to allow additional time for our preparation, we’ve decided to further extend our global suspension through February 28th, 2021 for most of our fleet, along with our Australian season through April 30th, 2021. While we are excluding our newly deployed Singapore sailings and select sailings onboard Spectrum of the Seas from this suspension, our plan is to resume our broader global operations on March 1st, 2021.Royal Caribbean
What is the Offer?
- 125% Future Cruise Credit: We’re providing a 125% Future Cruise Credit to book and sail on a new cruise by April 30th, 2022.
- This amount is based on the total cruise fare paid, and we’re giving a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
- Future Cruise Credit will automatically be sent via email by January 15th, 2021
- Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 45 days.
- If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, this offer does not apply.
- If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration and sail by date of April 30, 2022.
- If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously canceled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you are still able to opt in to refund one or both canceled bookings.
- Lift and Shift: If you prefer to move your existing booking to a sailing next year Royal will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date the following year.
- Please know, price protection covers your cruise fare/promotion on an applicable sailing only and excludes taxes and fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items, as these may change.
- You must decide to move to a new sailing by December 16th, 2020. If not, we will automatically issue you a Future Cruise Credit.
- Complimentary Casino offers are not eligible for Lift & Shift.
- 100% Refund: If you prefer a full refund, which is a lower value than the future cruise credit offer above, we’re happy to process this for you. You have until March 31st, 2021 to request a refund and deactivate your certificate.
- To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, click here and we will get the refund process started for you.
- Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
- Refunds will be processed to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
- You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your refund request.
- If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
- Cruise Planner Items: You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
- Click here by December 16th, 2020 to request your higher value credit, and we’ll email you your credit by January 15th, 2021.
- If we don’t hear from you on or before December 16th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded. You’ll receive your refund within 45 days of your booking’s cancellation.
- Also, if you opt for a cruise fare refund or for Lift and Shift, you are not be eligible for this Cruise Planner Onboard Credit offer.
- Guests with air or hotel booked through Royal Caribbean will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation.
While we continue to work with the CDC and government authorities around the world towards the shared goal of safely returning to cruising, Royal Caribbean Group will be extending the suspension of some sailings. The following schedule reflects adjustments to our upcoming itineraries.
All global sailings suspended through February 28, 2021Celebrity
South America sailings suspended through April 7, 2021
What is the Offer?
- Future Cruise Credit: Guests will receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC)
- The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward their cruise and will be processed by January 15, 2021, via email.
- Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to the original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required to receive this FCC.
- Please note, when redeeming a Future Cruise Credit, only one FCC may be applied per person, per reservation.
- Lift and Shift: From now through December 16, 2020 guests will have the option of our Lift & Shift. Choose a similar cruise within a four week period in 2021 and shift the reservation at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking.
- If your guests are unable to rebook by December 16, 2020 they will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid until for use on sailings through May 4, 2022.
- Should guests prefer a 100% refund to their original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, the request may be made anytime up until March 31, 2021.
- Refunds will be received at least 30 days after the request is submitted, cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.
- Pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining, or other onboard packages through Celebrity Cruises will have the option of receiving 125% Onboard Credit (OBC) to be used on their next sailing, or they may choose a 100% refund.
- In order to select the 125% Onboard Credit please click here to submit the request.
- If we have not received guest’s choice of compensation for these pre-booked items by December 16, these charges will automatically be refunded in full to their original method of payment and will show up as a separate transaction.
- Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.