Due to the uncertainty of international travel restrictions, Princess canceled cruises departing from Australia and New Zeeland through May 30, 2021.
Official Statement From Princess:
Due to the uncertainty about when international travel restrictions might be lifted, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in operations for cruises departing from Australia and New Zealand through May 31, 2021.Princess
This announcement, along with the CDC’s warning about the safety of cruises, leaves me with more questions than answers about the current “no sail order” and when cruising may restart again. It also makes me wonder if the best vacations in the short term include resorts in Cancun or Jamaica instead of planning a cruise.
Guests affected by the most recent Princess Cancelation
- Guests will receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid. To receive the above FCCs, no action is required. (FCC minimum of $100 per person).
- Guests who would like a refund for all money paid on their booking instead of the FCC should complete this online form at Princess.com. Guests have until November 30, 2020, to elect a refund, or they will automatically receive the default FCC offer.
- Money paid in excess of the cruise fare for Princess Vacation Protection (North America only), taxes, fees, and port expenses, EZair or hotel packages will be refunded, as will any prepaid shore excursions and/or any special service items.
- November 30, 2020: Deadline for guests to elect a refund.
- May 1, 2022: Deadline to book a cruise using the FCC.
For unbiased information, advice, and assistance with your booking on Princess or any other vacation, contact Joel using the contact form or by calling 844-483-6669.
About the Author
Joel is a co-owner of JJ Travel Associates (a Dream Vacations franchise), blogger-in-chief at JoelKnowsTravel.com, lover of all things travel (especially UNESCO World Heritage Sites), wannabe comedian, and the person you should call if you're thinking of planning a vacation.