Holland America Line made some changes to 2021 Alaska, Hawaii, and European cruises. Volendam and Zuiderdam are basically switching and in the process, only two dates have been canceled due to this change.
[There have been] changes to our 2021 Alaska, Hawaii, and Europe cruises. Volendam and Zuiderdam will be switching deployments, with Zuiderdam now sailing in Alaska and Hawaii and Volendam sailing in the Mediterranean in 2021.Holland American Line
What is changing with this announcement?
- Zuiderdam will now sail our Inside Passage voyage with a day of scenic cruising through Glacier Bay National Park and calls in Skagway, Ketchikan, and Juneau.
- Holland America will also offer Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys featuring Zuiderdam. Along with 3- or 4-day Alaska cruises, guests can discover Klondike Gold Rush history in Dawson City.
- In addition to her Alaska voyages, Zuiderdam will sail a 17-day Circle Hawaii itinerary on Nov 18, 2021, and an 18-day Circle Hawaii itinerary on Dec 5, 2021. Both voyages feature time on Oahu, Kauai, Maui, and Hawaii (the Big Island).
- Volendam will sail a series of 12-day Mediterranean voyages with calls in Spain, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey and more.
- The Spanish Farewell Transatlantic itinerary on November 10th will now be a 15-day voyage on board Volendam with calls in Tangier and Casablanca, Morocco, and an extended stay in Funchal, Madeira.
Please note that there are two voyages which have been cancelled:
- April 18, 2021 – 14-Day Passage to Spain voyage on Zuiderdam
- April 21, 2021 – 7-Day Wine Country and Pacific Northwest voyage on Volendam
For Guests On Canceled Sailings
- For those guests who were on a cancelled sailing: As compensation for the two cancelled voyages, we are offering guests bonus Future Cruise Credits (FCC).
- Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid. These credits may be applied to the cruise fare of a new booking.
- Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive double the amount deposited (up to the base cruise fare amount) as a Future Cruise Credit This credit will waive the required deposit on your next booking on a voyage up to 29 days in length. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.
For those guests impacted by the Volendam / Zuiderdam ship swap:
Bookings will be automatically transferred with the cruise fare and promotions protected, in the same (or upgraded) stateroom category. New booking numbers and confirmations will be sent by November 30, 2020.
For unbiased information, advice, and assistance with this or any other cruise (or any vacation), contact Joel by calling 844-483-6669.