Grand Voyages, including the Grand South America are the ultimate Holland America cruises. Never heard of HAL’s Grand Voyages? They combine a mix of sailing aboard beautiful ships (which feature amazing food, great entertainment, and crew members who are both helpful and friendly), immersive experiences in multiple ports, and over-night stays in hotels.
Holland America announced the rescheduling of their Grand South America voyages on Volendam from 2021 to 2022. This announcement impacts eleven itineraries.
Holland America Line has made the difficult decision to reschedule our 2021 Grand South America voyages on board Volendam to 2022.Holland America
2021: 74-Day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage & Grand Voyage Segments:
Bookings will be re-accommodated automatically — guests who prefer a refund have that option — to Volendam’s 2022 Grand South America & Antarctica voyage, departing January 4, 2022, in the same stateroom at the rate already paid. This voyage will sail a similar itinerary that showcases Antarctica, with a few port changes around South America.
- 74-Day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage (V110): Will now depart January 4, 2022. Cruise fare and promotions will be protected.
- 41-Day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage (V110A): Will now depart January 4, 2022 and will be a 40-day voyage. Base cruise fare will be pro-rated based on the number of days in the replacement voyage, and promotions will be protected.
- 33-Day Grand South America Voyage (V110B): Will now depart February 13, 2022 and will be a 34-day voyage. Cruise fare and promotions will be protected, and the extra cruise day will be at no additional cost.
- As a gesture of our appreciation, an Onboard Credit (OBC) will be applied to the new booking of USD $250 per person (up to USD $500 per stateroom).
2022 > 32-Day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas:
- Bookings will be re-accommodated automatically to Zuiderdam’s 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas voyage, departing February 27, 2022, in the same or equivalent stateroom category at the rate already paid.
- Guests will receive the three extra cruise days at no additional cost. View the planned itinerary for this voyage on Holland America’s website.
Additional 2022 > Mexico or Panama Canal Voyages:
Guests booked on one of the seven impacted Mexico or Panama Canal cruises automatically will be cancelled, and no action is needed for guests opting for the Future Cruise Credit (FCC). All guests will receive an FCC per person as follows:
- Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid. These credits may be applied to the cruise fare of a new booking.
- Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive double the amount deposited (up to the base cruise fare amount) as a Future Cruise Credit This credit will waive the required deposit on the next booking on a voyage up to 29 days in length. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.
- The amount received by Holland America Line in excess of the base cruise fare can be transferred to a new booking or will be refunded to the method of payment used for the original purchase. The Future Cruise Credits are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022.
Like all the cruise lines, Holland America is making it easy to accept future cruise credit and complicated to understand exactly what you’re entitled to. If you’re frustrated and confused by what to do next or you’re interested in (re)booking your next cruise use the contact form or call me at 844-483-6669 for unbiased advice, information and assistance.
About the Author
Joel is a co-owner of JJ Travel Associates (a Dream Vacations franchise), blogger-in-chief at JoelKnowsTravel.com, lover of all things travel (especially UNESCO World Heritage Sites), wannabe comedian, and the person you should call if you're thinking of planning a vacation.