Even with Covid numbers declining, the cruise lines — more than any other industry — continue to adjust to the ever changing requirements, policies, and guidance. Today more Holland America cancellations were announced including ms Rotterdam and ms Noordam sailings. There is much to celebrate in the industry including more ships returning to service and very few cases of Covid on board; yet with every two steps forward there seems to be one step back.
Holland America cancellations: Rotterdam
We have a deployment change on Rotterdam’s first Caribbean sailing this November. Her initial cruise will now be a 5-day voyage, roundtrip out of Ft. Lauderdale, beginning Friday, November 5th, 2021. This change is due to mandatory COVID testing and safety inspection requirements for ships carrying passengers who are returning to the United States from international destinations, which must take place before the beginning of the cruise and in order to obtain necessary permissions to embark guests in the U.S.Holland America
This announcement will impact the following sailings:
- Nov. 3, 2021, 4-day Bahamas & Key West (Y166)
- Nov. 3, 2021, 7-day Bahamas & Key West Collectors’ Voyage (Y166A)
- Nov. 7, 2021, 3-day Bahamas (Y167)
Holland America cancellations: Noordam
While we have made considerable progress with our partners in the various ports around the globe, we have made the decision to cancel several winter-season 2022 voyages in Asia, including our Noordam sailings in March and April, 2022.Holland America
This announcement impacts the following sailings:
- March 14, 2022 – 14 Day Japan Explorer (N219)
- March 14, 2022 – 28 Day Japan Explorer and Southern Japan Collector (N219A)
- March 28, 2022 – 14 Day Southern Japan (N222)
- March 28, 2022 – 28 Day Southern Japan and Russia Collector (N222A)
- April 11, 2022 – 14 Day Japan and Russia (N223)
- April 11, 2022 – 28 Day Japan, Russia, and North Pacific Crossing Collector (N223A)
- April 25, 2022 – 14 Day North Pacific Crossing
Offer For Guests impacted by these Holland America cancellations:
- For impacted bookings on Rotterdam’s voyages, guests will be automatically rebooked on the 5-day cruise and Holland America will recalculate Cancellation Protection Plan Standard or Platinum and Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses based on the updated booking.
- If guests elect to cancel this booking, Holland America will refund all funds paid.
- Guests who were booked on the 7-night November 3rd sailing that was switched to a 5-day cruise departing on November 5th, have the option to rebook a select 7-day Caribbean voyage in comparable accommodations at the rate paid no later than October 15, 2021.
- For impacted bookings on Noordam’s voyages, Holland America will be transferring bookings automatically to a comparable 2023 voyage at their current rate and in the same or equivalent stateroom category, with incentives and promotions protected.
- Guests will receive new booking confirmations by October 30, 2021.
- Guests may cancel their booking once new booking confirmations are received.
- Non-cruise-fare purchases through Holland America Line such as Flight Ease air, shore excursions, gifts, dining and spa will be refunded to the original form of purchase.
- Taxes, fees and port expenses will be recalculated based on the new voyage.