With today’s announcement, Cunard extends the suspension of sailings through May 28, 2021, on Queen Mary 2, and June 4, 2021, on Queen Elizabeth. Unaffected by this announcement is Queen Victoria, which is scheduled to resume sailings on May 17, 2021.
We have made the decision to cancel voyages on board Queen Mary 2 departing up to and including May 28, 2021, and onboard Queen Elizabeth up to and including June 4, 2021. Queen Victoria’s program remains unaffected and she is scheduled to resume sailings on May 17, 2021.Cunard
Cunard also joined most other cruise lines in suspending the sale of 8+ day cruises. The Framework for Conditional Sailing requires an enormous amount of steps before being able to sail safely on longer cruises. During the process of figuring out what protocols will need to be put in place, the decision to suspend further reservations for 8+ day cruises departing January 1 through November 1, 2021, is better than a straight “your cruise is canceled, here’s an FCC.”
What’s the offer for sailings affected by the suspension?
- All guests with a booking will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) of 125%.
- The 125% FCC will be for the value of either the monies paid to date (typically the deposit) or the full booking value if your client has settled their final balance.
- The FCC can be redeemed against any new booking made by December 31, 2021, on any voyage that’s on sale at the time of booking, including our recently launched 2022 voyages.
- If the booking which has now been canceled by this extension of our pause in operations using an FCC from a previously canceled voyage, the guest will receive the same value of that FCC back. If they had paid any extra monies towards their voyage fare, we will turn that amount into a 125% FCC.
- Remember the FCC can be applied to new bookings made, and also to upgrade the grade of stateroom or fare type on an existing booking.
- Clients who would prefer a 100% cash refund should fill out the online form.
- Clients opting for a refund have 60 days from today’s cancelation notice (12/9/2020) to submit their request.
- Refunds will be issued back to the credit card used to pay us if the client paid us directly.
- Pre-purchased shore experiences, dining, drinks packages, or gifts will be automatically refunded 100% of all these monies paid over the coming weeks, to the card used to make the purchase.