Today Crystal announced the cancelation of river cruises on Bach, Debussey, Mahler, and Ravel in March and April 2021. It’s not entirely surprising to me, given the uncertainty of the Covid pandemic. Noticeably absent from the announcement is Crystal’s financial trouble.
We are eagerly anticipating the day we can return to sailing the world again and welcome you back aboard. Unfortunately, the pandemic caused by Covid-19, coupled with differing restrictions regarding entry into the European Union (EU), continues to impact when and where this can happen. Given the continued uncertainty surrounding this global health crisis, it is with regret that we have had to cancel Crystal River cruises on Bach, Debussey, Mahler, and Ravel in March and April 2021.Crystal
Which 2021 Crystal River cruises are effected?
- March 26 – 7 night Amsterdam to Basel
- April 2 – 7 night Basel to Amsterdam
- April 9 – Amsterdam roundtrip
- April 16 – Amsterdam roundtrip
- April 23 – Amsterdam roundtrip
- April 30 – Amsterdam to Basel
- Debussy – March 29 – Amsterdam Roundtrip
- Debussy – April 5 – Amsterdam Roundtrip
- Debussy – April 12 – Amsterdam Roundtrip
- Debussy – April 19 – Amsterdam Roundtrip
- Debussy – April 26 – Amsterdam Roundtrip
- Mahler – March 27 – Budapest to Vilshofen
- Mahler – April 3 – Vilshofen to Budapest
- Mahler – April 10 – Budapest to Vilshofen
- Mahler – April 17 – Vilshofen to Budapest
- Mahler – April 24 – Budapest to Vilshofen
- Ravel – March 28 – Vilshofen to Budapest
- Ravel – April 4 – Budapest to Vilshofen
- Ravel – April 11 – Vilshofen to Budapest
- Ravel – April 18 – Budapest to Vilshofen
- Ravel – April 25 – Vilshofen to Budapest
To compensate for these river cruise cancelations, Crystal is offering options depending on the status and promotion used of the original itinerary.
For “booked guests,” Crystal is offering to move the reservation to a similar itinerary while protecting the price. The list of alternate dates depends on the original itinerary. Guests may also choose to receive future cruise credit or request a refund. At this point, with the uncertainty of Crystals’ financial situation, I would advise guests to request a refund.
Guests booked using the Advance Purchase Promotion do not have the option to request a refund. They will be given the chance to move their reservation to an alternate date on a specific list of options.
Guests on “offer status” will have their option canceled and be able to rebook another cruise from a specified list at current fare plus receive $100 as you wish credit.
About the Author
Joel is a co-owner of JJ Travel Associates (a Dream Vacations franchise), blogger-in-chief at JoelKnowsTravel.com, lover of all things travel (especially UNESCO World Heritage Sites), wannabe comedian, and the person you should call if you're thinking of planning a vacation.