As the weeks and months go by, it’s getting more difficult to make guesses about when cruises will restart. Today’s news, Costa extending suspension, is hardly shocking. The uncertainty of when and where cruises will sail, especially with North American guests, makes for difficult decisions for Costa which serves mostly European guests with cruises to more exotic destinations.
Even though the CDC has a framework for cruises to resume, Costa sails mostly from non-US ports and not in US waters so they have a different set of guidelines to follow. They are, however, taking the same position as most European countries in not allowing North American guests to sail.
The most recent development shows that the conditions for safe travel are not yet in place in all destinations in Europe. Therefore, we are unfortunately forced to extend the suspension of cruise activities for select ships in the fleet for North American guests until the dates below.Costa
Affected by Costa Suspension:
- Smeralda resumes on February 27, 2021
- Firenze resumes on February 28, 2021
- Luminosa resumes on February 28, 2021
- Pacifica resumes on March 26, 2021
- Favolosa resumes on April 2, 2021
- Magica resumes on April 3, 2021
- Diadema resumes on April 6, 2021
- Serena resumes on April 30, 2021
- Fascinosa resumes on May 2, 2021
- Fortuna resumes on May 6, 2021
- Deliziosa resumes on May 18, 2021
- Toscana resumes on December 26, 2021
Guests who were originally booked to sail between December 19, 2020, up to the below resumption date will have the opportunity to rebook with a $100 OBC per person (up to $200 OBC per cabin)
Guests can request a refund by January 31, 2021. Refund will be issued no earlier than 90 days after the request
About the Author
Joel is a co-owner of JJ Travel Associates (a Dream Vacations franchise), blogger-in-chief at JoelKnowsTravel.com, lover of all things travel (especially UNESCO World Heritage Sites), wannabe comedian, and the person you should call if you're thinking of planning a vacation.