With more ships in the water each week, and more great itineraries becoming available, the argument could be made that the industry is rebounding well as Covid numbers are improving in many countries. Still, the impact is felt again as Celebrity cruises covid testing policies were extended through November 30, 2021 and require all guests 12 and older to present proof of vaccination, along with other testing requirements.
Celebrity Cruises Covid testing and vaccination statement:
Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests in accordance with the latest Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. For sailings departing the U.S. through November 30, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation.Celebrity Cruises
What You Need To Know about Celebrity Cruises Covid Testing and Vaccination Policy:
- For sailings departing the U.S. through November 30, 2021, all vaccinated guests are required to present a negative COVID-19 test at the time of embarkation.
- The negative COVID-19 test may be taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test, conducted within two days of boarding the ship.
- Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.
- Unvaccinated children between the ages of two and eleven years old will be required to bring a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within three days of boarding.
- These guests will be provided an additional PCR test at the terminal prior to embarkation as well as on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing at the terminal will be sent separately.
- Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.
- Celebrity has partnered with Optum, an authorized medical provider, to offer home-test kits for fully vaccinated guests. The home-test kit option is now available to purchase on the Optum website here and can be delivered to your home within three business days.
- Please note, at-home Antigen test kits do not meet the CDC’s pre-cruise testing requirement for unvaccinated children. Guests arriving at the terminal without a negative COVID-19 test result may be denied boarding.