With all the uncertainty surrounding Covid, especially worldwide, cruise lines are extending cancellations for what I consider “exotic” itineraries. Celebrity cancellations as of today include some Asia, Australia, New Zeeland, and South America itineraries; some into late Spring 2022.
Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling some 2021/22 sailings [to these destinations].Celebrity
Today’s (7/27/21) round of Celebrity cancellations includes:
- Celebrity Solstice sailings September 26, 2021 through December 19, 2021
- Celebrity Infinity sailings departing December 13, 2021 through March 23, 2022
- Celebrity Eclipse sailings departing January 3, 2022 through April 17, 2022
Like other Celebrity cancellations, guests impacted by this announcement have options:
- Lift & Shift
- 125% Future Cruise Credit
- 100% Refund
With the Lift & Shift option, it’s possible to move an existing (or canceled) reservation to a sailing in 2022 or 2023 while keeping the same price and promotions used to book the original. For this offer, the new cruise must be within four weeks of the original sailing, to the same destination, in the same room category. Today’s Celebrity cancellations require guests to make their decision by 8/3/21.
Future Cruise Credit is the default option and requires no action. Celebrity simply issues an FCC for the cruise fare paid on the original cruise (less taxes, fees, gratuities, excursions, etc.), refunds the amount that doesn’t qualify for future cruise credit, and issues a bonus 25% future cruise credit.
Guests who wish to have a refund will receive 100% of the monies paid back to the original form of payment. This option must be chosen by 8/31/21.
Below is the fine print for these offers related to today’s Celebrity cancellations.
- Guests unable to rebook by August 3 will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid until for use by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022.
- The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward their cruise and will be processed by September 3, 2021.
- Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to the original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation.
- No action is required to receive this FCC.
- Guests who prefer a 100% refund to their original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, may request a refund up until August 31, 2021.
- Refunds will be received at least 30 days after the request is submitted, cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately.
- Additionally, pre-booked shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages will automatically be refunded in full to their original method of payment.
- Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically.
- Vaccination Requirement: all Celebrity Cruises ships will sail with a vaccinated crew and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.
Ready to have an expert help you plan your next vacation? Get (FREE!) advice, information, and assistance that will save you time, money, and frustration (not to mention get you perks you won’t find anywhere else!) by calling Joel (844-483-6669).