Carnival Corporation is making waves with it’s current mask policy which is in effect through October 31, 2021. Covid has made for rough seas and how cruise lines have handled the suspension of operations and the restart has not calmed those seas one bit. Sadly, Covid and all the protocols put in place have caused a tremendous divide among consumers with some celebrating the policies and procedures as responsible and others grumbling about the unfairness of them. No matter which side guests fall on, the end result (until October 31, 2021) is that guests who want to sail on Carnival (Carnival, Holland America, and Princess) brands are going to have to wear masks.
Onboard mask policy effective with cruises beginning Saturday, August 7 through and including 10/31/21:
- First, Carnival Corp brands strongly encourages all guests to wear face masks when indoors, particularly guests who are unvaccinated including children under the age of 12 who should wear masks in public areas, except when eating or drinking.
- All guests age 2 and older will be required to wear face masks in elevators and in designated indoor entertainment areas, all retail shops, and in the casino, except when eating or drinking.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks prior to being seated in the main dining rooms and in the Lido Buffet area and occasionally in other designated areas where larger number of guests may congregate.
- As a reminder, masks are required during embark and debark in the terminal, and masks should also be worn during the debarkation process on board.
- Carnival Pride 14 day Journeys (10/31) Cruise: Guests will receive a separate communication on the mask wearing policy.
In addition to the mask policy, Carnival brands instituted a new set of testing protocols, also through 10/31/21:
- Effective with cruises departing on Saturday, August 14, Carnival will require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation on all Carnival Cruise Line sailings.
- Fully vaccinated guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test along with proof of full vaccination upon arrival in the terminal and can then proceed on board. Please note that testing in the terminal will not be available for vaccinated guests. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative test.
- Guests who are not fully vaccinated and have received an approved exemption request from Carnival, will continue to follow all requirements and guidelines as mentioned in prior procedure and policy guidelines.
- Carnival Pride 14 day Journeys Cruise (10/31): As previously communicated, vaccinated guests on this cruise are required to take a PCR test between 72 and 24 hours of the sailing date and present their negative results at embarkation in addition to proof of vaccination.
Need assistance navigating the ever changing policies and procedures or to plan your next vacation? Call Joel (844-483-6669) for free, unbiased information, advice, and assistance.