Planning to sail on Adventure of the Seas in August 2021? Royal Caribbean has updated health and safety protocols for guests departing from Nassau, Bahamas in August 2021 and of course, with everything travel related, these health and safety protocols are subject to change.
Just For You: JJ Travel Associates has great deals on Royal Caribbean
Update: Adventure of the Seas August 2021
This information only applies to guests on the Adventure of the Seas sailings departing Nassau, Bahamas beginning August 1, 2021. In an abundance of caution, the decision has been made to make a slight adjustment to our pre-cruise testing requirements for guests sailing from Nassau onboard Adventure of the Seas beginning August 1, 2021.Royal Caribbean
- Previously, it was a Royal Caribbean requirement that all guests age 2 years and older complete a COVID-19 test no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas.
- NEW! Sailings beginning August 1st, 2021, it is a Royal Caribbean requirement that all guests age 2 years and older complete a COVID-19 test no more than 3 days before the sail date, and receive a negative result, which will be verified during the check-in process. While Royal Caribbean has shortened the timeframe in which a test must be taken, they are adding flexibility by allowing any type of COVID-19 test, antigen or PCR.
More information about what your cruise experience will be like is below the original statement — keep scrolling. Confused about this announcement and what it means for your currently booked cruise or one you’re planning? Call Joel (844-483-6669) for (FREE!) unbiased advice, information, and assistance.
As we continue to prepare to welcome guests back onboard this August, [below are the] required health and safety protocols for our Adventure of the Seas sailings departing Nassau, The Bahamas. As a reminder, this itinerary/homeport requires all guests age 12 years and older to be fully vaccinated (meaning final dose administered at least 14 days prior to the sail date). Additionally, … the pre-arrival PCR test requirement for all guests age 2 years and older is no longer a Bahamas entry requirement, it is a requirement of Royal Caribbean for our guests sailing on this itinerary.Royal Caribbean
What you need to know if you’re planning to be on Adventure of the Seas in August 2021
Vaccination & Testing Requirements
- All guests 12 years and older are required to bring proof of vaccination, such as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) COVID-19 vaccination record card, with the final dose of the vaccine completed at least 14 days before sailing.
Pre-Cruise Testing for All Guests
- As a requirement to board, all guests age 2 years and older will need to present a negative result from a PCR test for COVID-19 taken no more than 5 days before arriving in The Bahamas. Please note, this is a requirement of Royal Caribbean is and beyond what is required by The Bahamas. Costs associated with this test are the guests’ responsibility.
Additional Testing for Unvaccinated Guests
- In addition to the pre-cruise PCR test, all unvaccinated guests 2 to 11 years old will undergo:
- A complimentary antigen test during check-in at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. Registration details will be sent approximately 2 weeks before departure.
- An antigen test onboard on day 5 or 6 which is required for re-entry into The Bahamas. Additional details will be provided onboard.
- Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.
What To Expect During Your Cruise on Adventure of the Seas in August 2021
- Are not required to wear masks onboard or at Perfect Day at CocoCay. Masks may be required at the ports visited.
- Are not required to wear masks in their stateroom, outside on open decks or at Perfect Day at CocoCay, unless in a crowded setting. Masks are not needed in the pool or for activities where they could become wet. Unvaccinated guests must wear masks indoors unless seated and actively eating or drinking. Masks may be required at the ports visited.
- Guests under the age of 2 years do not need to wear a mask.
- At ports of call, fully vaccinated parties have the choice of booking a shore excursion or visiting freely.
- Parties that wish to go ashore and include any unvaccinated guests, including parents traveling with unvaccinated children, must book a shore excursion through Royal Caribbean that is provided by an independent local tour operator that has agreed to comply with recommended health protocols.
- Vaccinated parents wishing to go ashore freely can visit youth facilities once onboard to learn about drop off program hours and availability, and reserve time for their child on the day they wish to go in port.
- Shore excursions may be purchased in advance on the Royal Caribbean Cruise Planner website. Once onboard, they can be purchased at the shore excursions desk or by using the Royal Caribbean app. All guests are also subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports that are visited.